Monday, July 7, 2008

So, I have been seeing all these ways to save a CVS and I wanted to try it. B likes it but their prices always seemed to high for me. He went and spent way too much on junk food and shampoo but we ended up with $4 in Extra Bucks (ECB). I thought this was a good way to start.
On my first trip I printed out a coupon for $2 off CVS skincare. I wanted to buy the make-up remover wipes but they were out. I bought the exfoliating wipes for $3.49 and the pantyliners. I used $2 ECB, spent $.53 and got $2 in ECB back. not bad.

I took my sister there later that day to show her how it worked. I bought another pack of pantyliners and 2 packs of the tampons. I used $3 ECB and got $2.98 ECB back.

I went today and took coupons from yesterday's paper with me. I made 2 transactions. I bought another exfoliating wipe and 2 of the dawn dishwashing liquid. I wasn't sure if they would take the dawn coupon. The dawn was on 2 for $2. I also used another $2 CVS skincare coupon. I got $5.49 (pre-tax) worth of stuff for $2.70 (post-tax) and $2 ECB.
My second transaction was: I bought over $20 of Olay products and I had $5 in Olay coupons. I really need moisturizer and it was on sale for $6.99 and I had a coupon. I also used the save $4 on $20 coupon and my $7 in ECB. It was around $24 before coupons and ECBs. I spent almost $8 for it all. So, in all I spent about $11 on the trip and got 3 bottles of body wash (I couldn't find any lotion on sale w/coupon), mosturizer, 2 bottles of Dawn, face wipes and $10 in ECB.

I am going to get my mom's coupons on Wednesday because I need Febreeze and I want to try to that deal. I need to figure out how to use some of my $10 ECB and get some back. I want to at least get my original 5 back. I need to find something that I NEED for about $2 and that might give me ECBs back.

No comments: